Marinades are a great way to add a burst of flavor to perfectly cooked Butterball® turkey breasts, tenderloins and other turkey cuts. Whether you want a tangy twist or a spicy surprise, marinades are simple to prepare and don’t require days of preparation.
When using a marinade be sure to follow these general rules:
- If the marinade recipe requires you to heat the ingredients, be sure to let the heated marinade cool to room temperature before pouring it over your turkey.
- For recipes that call for a short marinating time, make the marinade several hours in advance so it can develop its full flavor.
- Keep your marinating meat covered and in the refrigerator.
- Use a sealable container or plastic bag that is large to position the food in a single layer, and turn to coat all sides.
- Use ¼ to ½ cup of marinade for every 1 to 2 pounds of meat.
- Marinate meat for 2 to 8 hours. The longer you marinate the stronger the flavor.
- Discard any leftover marinade that has touched raw meat.
Looking for a great marinade recipe? Try our Bourbon and Cola Marinated Turkey.