Our smoked turkeys are a fully cooked, hassle-free turkey option that offers easy preparation, less mess, rich flavor and a shorter cooking time.
If the Turkey Is Frozen: Thaw, unopened, breast side up on a tray in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 days.
DO NOT THAW AT ROOM TEMPERATURE.
To Serve Cold: Remove turkey from wrapper. Carve turkey and serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove wrapper.
- Place thawed turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan 2 to 2½ inches deep. DO NOT stuff.
- Brush or spray skin lightly with vegetable or cooking oil for best appearance.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer deep into the thigh without touching the bone.
- Begin checking the turkey for doneness about 30 minutes before the recommended cook time.
- Your turkey is done when the meat thermometer reaches 140°F in thigh.
- Carve and serve immediately.
For more ideas on how to prepare, cook and carve your turkey see our How To section.
Butterball® Smoked Turkeys are fully cooked and ready to eat. They can be used in recipes calling for cooked turkey without prior heating. The pink color of the meat comes from smoking and curing and is not a sign of undercooked meat.
Keep frozen, and allow 2 to 4 days for thawing in the refrigerator
Unopened: Store in freezer, can be stored for up to 3 months
Leftovers: Carve leftover turkey into pieces before refrigerating to speed cooling. Refrigerate carved leftovers within 2 hours of eating. Use leftover turkey within 3 days.