Get The Golden Touch This Holiday
Butterball is launching Golden Thursday™ on November 15, the week before Thanksgiving, to offer tips, advice & recipes to help make the holiday shine
Garner, N.C. (November 1, 2012) – With family members coming together to celebrate the highly-anticipated Thanksgiving meal, holiday cooks everywhere spend hours preparing for the big day. To help ensure it’s a meal that will be remembered, Butterball® is sharing expert advice earlier this year to make your Thanksgiving Day shine – where to find savings, go-to holiday recipes that are sure to please and ways to access Butterball’s expert advice via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Butterball Cookbook Plus™ app, Butterball.com and 1-800-BUTTERBALL.
“This year it’s all about sharing the best turkey advice before Thanksgiving Day, delivering tips early and often,” said Mary Clingman, director of the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line®. “So we’re sharing tried-and-true tips that help cooks prepare in advance via our new Butterball Cookbook Plus app, a special Golden Thursday Facebook deal the week before Thanksgiving and real-time responses to questions via Live Chat on Butterball.com.”
Good-as-Gold Thanksgiving Tips
Butterball has five key tips that will help with preparations for the big day, ensuring your holiday meal goes off without a hitch.
1. Connect While You Cook: In honor of Golden Thursday – the Black Friday of turkey and Thanksgiving – we’ll offer gold-standard tips on Facebook and Twitter, share recipe ideas on Pinterest and deliver advice at your fingertips with the new Butterball Cookbook Plus app.
2. Master the Menu: Finalize your menu two or three weeks in advance and collect the recipes and ingredients you'll need to avoid forgetting anything. Be sure to check Butterball.com for gold-standard recipes – including a Turkey with 7-Grain and Squash Stuffing and Broccoli and Cheese with Turkey Bacon – and find at least one that you can prepare in advance.
3. Shop Early for Savings: In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, keep an eye out for opportunities to save without sacrificing quality. Look for specials at your local grocery store, and check your Sunday newspapers for Butterball coupons and promotions. Also be sure to check out the golden coupon available on Facebook the week before Thanksgiving.
4. Turkey Tool Set: Make sure you have the proper equipment – a pan for the turkey, a meat thermometer, Reynolds® Wrap Aluminum Foil, a large platter, sharpened knives and containers for leftovers – and that everything’s clean and ready for you to use.
5. Turkey To-Do: Set aside some time to write a daily to-do list – that way, you don’t have to spend time thinking about what you need to do each day since you’ve already made a plan.
Golden Advice Anywhere, Anytime
You can find resources from the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line for a Golden Thursday no matter where you are, or how you prefer to access the gold-standard turkey preparation advice.
• Butterball Cookbook Plus App: Download the Butterball Cookbook Plus App for iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® from the App StoreSM to get easy access to recipe ideas, how-to videos, upcoming Butterball promotions and cooking advice at your fingertips.
• Live Chats: Engage with turkey experts through Live Chats on Butterball.com during November and receive real-time suggestions and advice.
• Facebook and Twitter: Help is available through the Butterball Facebook and Twitter pages with tips, special savings and more.
• Pinterest: Follow Butterball on Pinterest for tender and juicy turkey recipes, cooking tips, holiday advice and plenty of culinary inspiration.
• Butterball.com: Log on the website or mobile site to receive turkey advice, find savings and enjoy tried-and-true recipes. In addition, Butterball bloggers will post recipe ideas and personal anecdotes, including more special tips on how to make your Thanksgiving golden.
• 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372): Turkey Talk-Line experts will be available this season starting November 1, 2012, through December 24, 2012, to answer questions and assist Thanksgiving cooks.
About the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line
One of the first national, toll-free consumer help lines, the original Turkey Talk-Line staff of six home economists fielded questions from 11,000 turkey-troubled Americans during its first season in November 1981. On Thanksgiving Day, the small group took hundreds of calls – with only a rolodex of notes and their own knowledge to help them answer the nation’s questions. Each November and December, professionally trained turkey experts assist more than 1 million cooks through the Turkey Talk-Line, Butterball.com, Facebook, Twitter, Live Chats and emails in the United States and Canada. With more than 50 staff members, the Turkey Talk-Line has the resources to answer questions from either English- or Spanish-speaking callers, as well as respond to questions via e-mail.
About Butterball, LLC
Butterball, LLC offers consumers opportunities to celebrate traditional holidays and every day meal occasions with the Butterball branded line of products. As the most recognized name in turkey, the brand represents more than 50 years of cherished memories with consumers by providing quality, great tasting products that make meals something to celebrate every day.
As an industry leader in quality and food safety, the company employs numerous processes to ensure the health of flocks and implements recognized prevention measures to exceed food safety standards in its five plants, located in North Carolina, Arkansas and Missouri. In addition, Butterball has surpassed important workplace safety and health benchmarks set forth by OSHA’s Voluntary Production Program.
Headquartered in Garner, N.C., Butterball, LLC is the largest producer of turkey products in the U.S. – producing 1 billion pounds of turkey each year. The company’s retail and foodservice products are distributed throughout the U.S. and in more than 30 countries
For more information about Butterball, visit Butterball.com, or call 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372) for answers to your turkey preparation questions.